Description OOR + HYPSOS
OOR can be upgraded with HYPSOS Hybrid Power System using our proprietary Ferrum Power Link (FPL) connection, making both units perform to their highest levels. While OOR performs very good right out of the box, it is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS. Using the FPL connection means HYPSOS can measure far deeper inside OOR than it can with any other product. Not only does HYPSOS work better in this combination, OOR will also perform even better than it normally does. The truly balanced design of the preamplifier stage coupled with the discrete power amplifier technology in combination with the implementation of highly selected components is elevated to a level of its own.
OOR will redefine the category of headphone amplifiers. OOR will drive any headphones effortlessly to the max of their potential, while preserving the essence of the music it amplifies. Ultra low distortion, zero fatigue, huge dynamics and unrivaled detail result in ultimate enjoyment. OOR actually makes something that is very difficult to accomplish, seem like the most natural thing on earth. The most important features are:
The signal path stays truly balanced using the XLR inputs and becomes truly balanced using the RCA inputs.
Ease of use
Only three knobs on the front panel to control the most important settings.
Ferrum Power Link
OOR performs very, very good right out of the box. But OOR is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS. We use what we dubbed our Ferrum Power Link (FPL in short) to connect the two. HYPSOS then will perform to its maximum, unleashing unheard musicality from the combination with OOR.
Perfected steering of output transistors protect them and never let them turn off, therefore reducing distortion to inaudible levels and keeping them in a state where they can instantly unleash all their power, crucial for high dynamics, superlative control and authority in sound.
The whole design is focussed on a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listening fatigue something of the past.
The discrete power amp technology is developed in-house to achieve the best possible analog quality.
OOR is made by a group of very talented engineers and industrial designers, right in the heart of Poland. They like to refer to Ferrum as "Brand of Brothers". OOR is their instrument of choice when they need to completely relax and prepare for their next assignment.
Marcin HamerlaFounder and CEO HEM
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. We named this technique Ferrum Power Link (FPL) and it eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
OOR comes with a carefully selected DC power adapter. To get the most out of OOR you can connect it with HYPSOS using our proprietary Ferrum Power Link DC power cable. This FPL cable can be ordered separately.
- Gain (dB): balanced -4 dB, + 6dB, +16 dB / single ended -10 dB, 0 dB, 10 dB
- Operation: Fully balanced, proprietary discrete power amp technology
- Inputs: XLR, RCA, 2.5 mm DC connector centre positive, proprietary 4-pin DC connector
- Outputs: Balanced 4-pin XLR, 6.35 mm jack
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 100 kHz 0.1 dB
- Output Power Single Ended: 400 mW into 300 Ω, 2 W into 60 Ω
- Output Power Balanced: 1.600 mW into 300 Ω, 8 W into 60 Ω
- THD + Noise: TBA
- Input Impedance: 94 kΩ
- Output Impedance Single Ended: 22 Ω on pre-amp
- Output Impedance Balanced: 44 Ω on pre-amp
- Output headphones Impedance: < 0.3 Ω
- Power Consumption: Idle <15 W
- Power Adapter: 100/240 V AC to 22-30 V DC
- Dimension (W x D x H) (In/cm): 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0 inch / 21.7 x 20.6 x 5 cm
- Weight (kg/lbs): 1.8 kg / 3.97 LBS
HYPSOS defines a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible. The most important features are:
Hybrid Power System
Linear/switching hybrid design to get the advantages from both techniques - low ripple and noise as well as fast transient response and high efficiency.
Distinct user levels
Using pre-configured settings from the list of supported devices or setting custom parameters manually. Wide continuous ouput voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A of current delivered to the load. HYPSOS is as universal a device as it gets.
Sweet Spot Tuning (SST)
Possibility to fine tune the output voltage for the best sound. The voltage level can be safely adjusted on the fly to allow easy comparison testing.
4T Sensing Design (4TSD)
Ensuring the exact voltage level precisely at the point of the powered device DC input terminal - special cable design and feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response.
Compatibility with Apple TV remote, Trigger in/out connector; possibility to automate power-up of the devices with standby mode even without dedicated trigger connection.
Extremely safe to use
Automatic Transformer Voltage Adjust (ATVA), Electronic Output Voltage Polarity Switch and overvoltage, current limit and short protection. Settings lock to prevent accidental change of the parameters.
Detailed and revealing yet unfatiguing sound
Makes your current audio setup perform to its potential. Tweak the sound modifying the voltage level on the fly and use the preferred combination of the 4-Terminal Sensing and Spread Spectrum Mode settings.
Check out which products are compatible with Hypsos.
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
HYPSOS comes with one of the two high quality DC power cables fitted with a 5,5x2,5mm and a 5,5x2,1mm DC plug, to connect to the most commonly used DC inlets. If you need different type of DC plug please contact us.
- Power input: 110-240Vac/50-60Hz (EU/US Version)
- 90 – 110Vac/50-60Hz (JP Version)IEC C14 power inlet, a fuse holder with power on/off switch plus two-stage EMI filter for low impedance load with better noise attenuation in low frequency applications
- Mains cable: US/EU/UK
- DC OUT cable: 5×2.5mm DC plug / 5×2.1mm DC plug Custom cables made to order at additional cost
- Output Voltage Range: 5-30 [V]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out below 13,3V): 6 [A]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out higher than 13,3V): l_out= 80[W] / DCout[V]
- Maximum Impulse Current: 9A
- Maximum Impulse Power: DC V_out*9A (270W for 30V)
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out below 13,3V): P_out = V_out[V] * 6[A]
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out higher than 13,3V): 80W
- Dimensions (without knob, feet and connectors) (W x D x H , mm / inches): 217.5 x 206.5 x 50.0 / 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0
- Net weight (kg / lb): ~ 2,89 / ~ 6.2
- Primary winding fuse: IEC 5x20mm fuse, 3.15AT, 250V
- Secondary winding fuse: Littefuse 154004T, 4A
- Power consumption: 230VAC, 50Hz @ 12VDC out/: Idle – 6VA @ 15W load – 30,7VA @ 60W load – 98VA @ 80W load – 133,9VA
The Hypsos really did it. More dynamics, better bass performance...
- Morten Mohr & Marius Smolinski, Germany
“The Ferrum HYPSOS, is a game changer, not only as an improvement over the standard power supplies, but as a versatile addition to many DACs. The HYPSOS, really is THE upgrade path to take if you want to hear what your digital front end can produce. “
David Robson, UK.Hifi reviewer at Hifi Pig Magazine.