Like a top chef who uses his ingredients freshly and grown from his own garden, we integrated parts of the awarded HYPSOS technology and lend some of OOR’s magic to lay the first bricks for ERCO. Then we proceeded to add our culminated 20 years’ worth of experience in making DA converters. And man, did we pull it off. We managed to get the best out of our two winners and put it in our new sibling, adding awesome DA conversion to the mix.
Clearing the path for high end audio
Perfect mix of flagship Ferrum technology combined with high grade in house developed Digital to Analog conversion. Choose from three digital and one analog input.
Industry leading technology is applied. All digital ports are optimised for audio, MQA decoding and rendering is optimised for use with internal ARM chip.
Suited for high end personal audio
Connect your favourite headphones to the balanced 4,4mm jack or unbalanced 6,35mm headphone jack outputs or powered loudspeakers on your desktop to the XLR or RCA outputs to perform to their max.
The signal path is truly balanced from early D/A stage and becomes truly balanced using the RCA inputs.
Discrete/IC hybrid design
Ultra-wideband ICs fine tuned for audio use to achieve the best possible analog quality.
The whole design remains focussed on a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listening fatigue something of the past.
Ease of use
Hassle free operation. Only three knobs on the front panel to control the most important settings.
Ferrum Power Link
ERCO performs very, very good right out of the box. But ERCO is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS. We use what we dubbed our Ferrum Power Link (FPL in short) to connect the two. HYPSOS then will perform to its maximum, unleashing unheard musicality from the combination with ERCO.
"The name ERCO (not pronounced airco but ˈert͡so) is Esperanto for ore. We took to Esperanto for the name inspired by its creator Ludwik Lejzer Zamenhof, who used to live around the corner from our offices near Warsaw. Zamenhof started developing Esperanto in his childhood while still in school, pursuing peace around the world where one language would bring together humankind. We want to do the same through pure and honest music reproduction. In the end it brings peace to the mind".
Marcin HamerlaFounder and CEO HEM
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. We named this technique Ferrum Power Link (FPL) and it eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
- Headphone output gain: balanced -5.8 dB, +6 dB, +17.8 dB; single ended -11.8 dB, 0 dB, +11.8 dB
- Operation: fully balanced, proprietary IC power amp
- Power inputs: 5.5/2.5 mm DC connector center positive; proprietary FPL 4-pin DC connector (FPL)
- Analog inputs: RCA (Consumer level; Pro option with future software update)
- Digital inputs: USB-C (all formats); S/PDIF optical (up to 24-bit/96 kHz, DoP64); Coaxial (up to 24-bit/192 kHz, DoP64)
- DAC chip: ESS Sabre ES9028PRO
- PCM sample rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 352.8 / 384 kHz
- DSD sample rates: 2.8224 / 3.072 / 5.6448 / 6.144 / 11.2896 / 12.288 MHz
- MQA: decoder and renderer
- DAC resolution: PCM up to 384k@32bit; DSD up to 256 (11.2 MHz / 12.2 MHz)
- Headphone jack outputs: balanced 4.4 mm (TRRRS); unbalanced 6.35 mm (TRS)
- Line outputs: balanced XLR; unbalanced RCA (both Consumer level; Pro with future software update)
- Volume control: analogue with bypass option (bypass for line outputs only)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 30 kHz (+/- 0.05 dB) 10 Hz – >200 kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Output power unbalanced: 300 mW into 300 Ω; 1,7 W into 50 Ω
- Output power balanced: 1.2 W into 300 Ω; 6.1 W into 50 Ω
- THD on balanced output: < 0.00018% / -115 dB, 1 mW into 16 Ω; < 0.00018% / -115 dB, 100 mW into 16 Ω
- THD on unbalanced output: < 0.00032% / -110 dB, 1 mW into 16 Ω; < 0.00057% / -105 dB, 100 mW into 16 Ω
- Dynamic range analog: 130 dB (A-weighted)
- Dynamic range digital: 120 dB (A-weighted)
- Input impedance: 47 kΩ
- Output impedance unbalanced: 22 Ω on pre-amp
- Output impedance balanced: 44 Ω on pre-amp
- Output impedance Headphones: < 0.3 Ω
- Power consumption: idle <15 W
- Power adapter: 100-240V AC to 22-30V DC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 21.7 cm x 20.6 cm x 5 cm / 8.6” x 8.1” x 2.0”
- Weight: 1.8 kg / 3.97 LBS
HYPSOS defines a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible. The most important features are:
Hybrid Power System
Linear/switching hybrid design to get the advantages from both techniques - low ripple and noise as well as fast transient response and high efficiency.
Distinct user levels
Using pre-configured settings from the list of supported devices or setting custom parameters manually. Wide continuous ouput voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A of current delivered to the load. HYPSOS is as universal a device as it gets.
Sweet Spot Tuning (SST)
Possibility to fine tune the output voltage for the best sound. The voltage level can be safely adjusted on the fly to allow easy comparison testing.
4T Sensing Design (4TSD)
Ensuring the exact voltage level precisely at the point of the powered device DC input terminal - special cable design and feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response.
Compatibility with Apple TV remote, Trigger in/out connector; possibility to automate power-up of the devices with standby mode even without dedicated trigger connection.
Extremely safe to use
Automatic Transformer Voltage Adjust (ATVA), Electronic Output Voltage Polarity Switch and overvoltage, current limit and short protection. Settings lock to prevent accidental change of the parameters.
Detailed and revealing yet unfatiguing sound
Makes your current audio setup perform to its potential. Tweak the sound modifying the voltage level on the fly and use the preferred combination of the 4-Terminal Sensing and Spread Spectrum Mode settings.
Check out which products are compatible with Hypsos.
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
HYPSOS comes with one of the two high quality DC power cables fitted with a 5,5x2,5mm and a 5,5x2,1mm DC plug, to connect to the most commonly used DC inlets. If you need different type of DC plug please contact us.
- Power input: 110-240Vac/50-60Hz (EU/US Version)
- 90 – 110Vac/50-60Hz (JP Version)IEC C14 power inlet, a fuse holder with power on/off switch plus two-stage EMI filter for low impedance load with better noise attenuation in low frequency applications
- Mains cable: US/EU/UK
- DC OUT cable: 5×2.5mm DC plug / 5×2.1mm DC plug Custom cables made to order at additional cost
- Output Voltage Range: 5-30 [V]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out below 13,3V): 6 [A]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out higher than 13,3V): l_out= 80[W] / DCout[V]
- Maximum Impulse Current: 9A
- Maximum Impulse Power: DC V_out*9A (270W for 30V)
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out below 13,3V): P_out = V_out[V] * 6[A]
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out higher than 13,3V): 80W
- Dimensions (without knob, feet and connectors) (W x D x H , mm / inches): 217.5 x 206.5 x 50.0 / 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0
- Net weight (kg / lb): ~ 2,89 / ~ 6.2
- Primary winding fuse: IEC 5x20mm fuse, 3.15AT, 250V
- Secondary winding fuse: Littefuse 154004T, 4A
- Power consumption: 230VAC, 50Hz @ 12VDC out/: Idle – 6VA @ 15W load – 30,7VA @ 60W load – 98VA @ 80W load – 133,9VA
The Hypsos really did it. More dynamics, better bass performance...
- Morten Mohr & Marius Smolinski, Germany
“The Ferrum HYPSOS, is a game changer, not only as an improvement over the standard power supplies, but as a versatile addition to many DACs. The HYPSOS, really is THE upgrade path to take if you want to hear what your digital front end can produce. “
David Robson, UK.Hifi reviewer at Hifi Pig Magazine.