Powerful Audio Anywhere, CA1000
Introducing the Astell&Kern CA1000 Carryable Headphone Amp.
The ACRO CA1000 is a headphone amplifier that combines the functions and portability of a high-performance amplifier and DAP based on Astell&Kern's fundamental philosophy of delivering original sound.
The ACRO CA1000 sets a new standard for headphone amplifiers, providing powerful and clear sound with the features never available on any other headphone amplifiers.
- Perfectly drive any headphone/IEM with 4 levels of gain and up to 15Vrms output
- Multiple inputs and outputs provide maximum options and compatibility with all of your audio equipment
- Equipped with ESS ES9068AS Quad-DAC for detailed and balanced sound
- Support for 32bit/384kHz PCM and Native DSD512 playback
- Built-in Battery- Portable amplifier can operate without external power supply
- TERATON ALPHA, the epitome of Astell&Kern audio technology
- Crossfeed support for a more natural acoustic experience with headphones
- Support for the latest Bluetooth 5.0 and wireless 24-bit codecs (Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi support for greater wireless connectivity
- ReplayGain that automatically adjusts sound levels across different music tracks
- Silver Plating Shield to minimize noise and interference
- View you screen anywhere with a display adjustable up to 60 degrees
Perfectly drive any headphone/IEM with 4 levels of gain and up to 15Vrms output
In order to perfectly drive the most sophisticated headphones, a device must be able to fully deliver output that matches the characteristics of the headphone.
ACRO CA1000 supports 4 levels of gain settings so that almost any existing headphones can be driven to an optimal state.
The gain setting circuitry implemented in the CA1000 can drive even high-impedance headphones without degrading the sound quality using a max output of 15Vrms.
The ACRO CA1000 unlocks the potential of headphones for a fully immersive experience.
Quad-DAC with high output and noise-free sound
The ACRO CA1000 is equipped with four ES9068AS DACs, providing perfect decoding capabilities with Astell&Kern's amplifier circuit technology.
The clear and overwhelming output expresses the original sound without distortion.
2.5mm, 3.5mm, 4.4mm and 6.35mm output circuits are physically separated by applying tiny, independent relay components.
If the signal from each output stage of a high-power headphone amplifier is not blocked properly, this can cause noise interference.
ACRO CA1000 boasts a noise-free output with an independent circuit structure by using relays to completely block connectors that are not in use.
Premium Sound Anywhere
- ACRO CA1000 features powerful output with various input and output options that can only be found in a stationary headphone amplifier.
- A portable amplifier that can operate without an external power source adds utility beyond existing products.
- A headphone amp should be able to deliver perfectly noise-free sound for an extended period of time.
- The ACRO CA1000 is equipped with an 8,400mAh large-capacity battery to provide clear, distortion-free premium sound without the need for a separate power connection.
- In order to solve the problem of relatively reduced playback time due to the small size and powerful output, all power-related parts were examined and the power circuit was redesigned several times. The result is continuous playback for more than 10 hours.
- With the Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000’s excellent sound reproduction ability, you can hear the full, original sound of your music anywhere.
Faster charging with USB-PD 2.0 support
The ACRO CA1000 features USB-PD 2.0 charging that supports 9V/3A for faster charging.
When used with a USB-C adapter that supports USB-PD 2.0 fast charging, the ACRO CA1000 can charge to 50% in one hour, and fully charge in about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 and Support for Wireless 24-bit aptX-HD, LDAC Codecs
The latest Bluetooth version provides high sound quality with the convenience of wireless playback to headphones and IEMs.
Bluetooth 5.0 features faster transmission speed, greater range and a more stable wireless connection when compared to Bluetooth 4.2.
Both LDAC and aptX HD is supported to provide audiophiles with the best wireless sound possible.
Wireless Hi-Fi Sound Through BT Sink
The newly introduced BT Sink function connects the CA1000 to an external device via Bluetooth,
similar to connecting a smartphone with a BT speaker.
Music from an external device, such as a smartphone can now be played back in high-quality on the CA1000 using the BT Sink function.
Roon Ready network players from our partners have Roon’s high-resolution streaming technology built right in.
They combine simple setup, daily reliability, and support for the highest level of digital audio performance in the industry.
Every Roon Ready player is certified by Roon to guarantee the same stellar experience, regardless of its manufacturer, its price, or its features.
The ACRO CA1000 was designed to be inspired by a powerful rover truck to break through the harsh and dangerous Mars environment. An exploration truck with strong power to break through meteorites and move forward resembles the CA1000's powerful output and various performances and is reinterpreted using Astell&Kern’s existing brand identity. The aluminum body and wheels produced with CNC precision represent Astell&Kern's cohesive technology, and is hard and delicately finished. In the ACRO CA1000, Astell&Kern's unique atypical triangle cutting and strong wheel design are merged with both portability and intuitive usability as well as harmonious design. As a portable AMP, the curved surface and design pattern of the side prevents the product from being pushed by the hand when holding it in one hand. We wanted to provide not only the special beauty found in Astell&Kern products, but also convenient usability that allows you to feel the emotion of music. ACRO CA1000 has a tilting display that can be adjusted to an optimal position depending on where it is placed on a desk or table. The display can be freely adjusted up to 60 degrees to suit your environment. The volume wheel design unique to Astell&Kern is expressed as a metal wheel that may be found on an exploration truck that can pass over any obstacles. It is designed to sensibly and accurately adjust the volume.
- Model: ACRO CA1000
- Body Color: Moon Silver
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 4.1 inch 720 x 1280 touch screen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- Sample Rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), DSD512(1bit, 22.4MHz) Stereo
- Output Level (Headphone Out):
[Low] Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load),
[Mid] Unbalanced 4Vrms / Balanced 8Vrms (Condition No Load),
[High] Unbalanced 6Vrms / Balanced 12Vrms (Condition No Load),
[Super] Unbalanced 8Vrms / Balanced 15Vrms (Condition No Load)
- Output Level (RCA Out): 2Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-core
- DAC: ESS ES9068AS x4 (Quad-DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit playback
- Headphone Outputs: Unbalanced (3.5mm, 6.35mm) / Balanced (2.5mm, 4.4mm)
- Analog Inputs Outputs: RCA (Stereo pair) x1, RCA (Stereo pair) x1
- Digital Inputs Outputs: Coaxial x1, Optical x1, USB(Type-C) x1, Optical(3.5mm) x1, USB(Type-C) x1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 4.12"(104.9mm)[W] x 1.77"(45mm)[H] x 5.85"(148.8mm)[D]
- Weight: about 32.41oz (919g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrade supported (OTA)
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ + 40℃ (32℉~ 104℉)
- Frequency Response
±0.024dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.018dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced /
±0.048dB (Condition : 20Hz~20kHz) RCA
±0.059dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.056dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced /
±0.048dB (Condition : 20Hz~70kHz) RCA
- S/N: 107dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced / 119dB @ 1kHz, RCA
- Crosstalk: -105dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -124dB @ 1kHz, Balanced / -121dB @ 1kHz, RCA
- THD+N: 0.005% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.002% @ 1kHz, Balanced / 0.0004% @ 1kHz, RCA
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0008% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Balanced / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) RCA
- Output Impedance: 3.5mm, 6.35mm (1ohm), 2.5mm, 4.4mm (2ohm), RCA (2ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 25ps (Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps
- Built-in Memory: 256GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD x1 (Max. 1TB)
- Capacity: 8,400mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer
- Charge Time: about 2.5 hours (9V / 3A PD2.0 Fast Charging) | 7 hours (5V 2A General Charging)
- Playback Time: about 10.5 hours (Standard : FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Vol.40, LCD Off, Low Gain)
- Supported OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up